Privacy and Terms & Conditions:
We currently collect and process the following information: Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics including name, and contact details. Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for informing about our services through subscriptions, and for invoicing/receipts. We may share this information with third parties, including collection agencies. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com .
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How We Store Your Information.
Your information is securely stored in digital form.
We keep personal information for 15 years. We will then dispose your information by securely deleting the data.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Terms and Conditions:
These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms which apply to all Services provided by us, Plumbtricians Ltd (registered number 13776958). Our registered office is 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ. (“the Company/we/us/our”)
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“Consumer” is as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
“Contract” means the contract formed when you accept our Quotation or place an order with us;
“Customer/you/your” means you, the Consumer or business accepting our Quotation or placing an order with us;
“Materials” means the materials required for the provision of the Services as specified in the Quotation;
“Property” means the property at which the works detailed in the Quotation are to be carried out;
“Quotation” means our verbal or written quotation to provide the Services, which unless otherwise stated, remains open for acceptance for a period of 30 days and constitutes our entire scope of works; and
“Services” means the plumbing and heating services we will provide as specified in the Quotation.
- Each reference in these Terms and Conditions to:
- “writing” and “written” includes emails and text messages;
- a statute or provision of a statute is a reference to that statute or provision as amended or re-enacted at the relevant time;
- “these Terms and Conditions” is a reference to these Terms and Conditions as may be amended or supplemented at the relevant time; and
- a clause is a reference to a clause of these Terms and Conditions.
- The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation. Words signifying the singular number will include the plural and vice versa.
References to persons includes corporations.
- We will provide you with a Quotation before carrying out any Services. For emergency and small one-off works, this may be over the phone and you can accept our Quotation verbally. For all other works, our Quotation will be in writing, via email or via our accounting software, and you will need to accept it in writing.
- When you accept our Quotation, or place an order with us, a legally binding Contract will be formed, which will include these Terms and Conditions.
- No terms or conditions referred to by you in any way will vary or add to these Terms and Conditions unless we agree otherwise in writing.
- Our Quotation is based on the information you provide to us at the time we prepare it. If any errors become evident which affect the price we have quoted, we reserve the right to make changes to it.
- Our Quotation is based on our Services being carried out during normal working hours (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm excluding public holidays). Works required outside of these hours will incur additional costs.
- We will ensure that our Services are rendered with reasonable care and skill, in accordance with our accepted Quotation.
- If we agree a programme with you, this is to be treated as an estimate only and unless we state otherwise in writing, we will have no obligation to complete our Services by a specific date.
- We will ensure that no parts of the Property suffer damage as a result of our Services. Any damage that may occur will be made good at no additional expense to you before the Services are completed. However, if existing sanitary ware needs to be removed and later reinstated, we cannot be held responsible for any unavoidable damage which might occur.
- Please be aware that central heating flushing to remove debris from a central heating system can, on rare occasions, expose previously undetected faults, weak points or breaches in the system. We cannot be held responsible for any such pre-existing conditions which might be revealed, or for any resulting damage which might occur, unless we caused it.
- Plumbtricians will not be responsible for disposal of disregarded appliances as a result of decommissioning and removal. Clients will always be referred to the local council to accommodate disregarded appliances.
- When we start the works, we may discover that extra works are needed that we could not have foreseen when we sent our Quotation, for example, if we discover asbestos in the area. In this case, we will provide you with a further Quotation to carry out the extra work. If you do not accept the revised price or any proposed changes within 14 days, the Contract between us will be cancelled. You will only be liable to pay for the works we carried out up to the date of cancellation, except as set out in clauses 8 and 9.
- If we provide Materials as part of the Services, then the responsibility (also known as the “risk”) for the Materials remains with us until they have been delivered to the Property, at which point it will pass to you. Once the risk in the Materials has passed to you, you are responsible for storing them safely and for insuring them against their full replacement value. You will only own the Materials once we have received payment in full for our Services in accordance with clauses 5 and 6.
- If you are supplying any Materials, we accept no responsibility for them or for any faults in them. If we are delayed in carrying out our Services because of such Materials (if, for example, their delivery is delayed or we need extra labour to install them), we reserve the right to charge for costs incurred by us as a result. Any return visits required due to faults in any Materials supplied by you will be chargeable.
5. Fees and Payment
- Call out fee is a flat rate. The hourly fee is charged per hour and part of an hour, in addition to the call out fee.
- All labour and works and services, including fault finding, are payable upon completion by cash, or by card, unless stated otherwise.
- When you accept our Quotation, you will need to pay a deposit of 25% of the quoted price, unless we agree otherwise. We will not be able to arrange a date for the Services to be carried out until the deposit is paid in full.
- The final amount is payable on the day the Services are complete. However, we reserve the right to invoice by way of staged payments as the works progress and in this case, we will detail this in our Quotation.
- Payment is to be made by card, or by cash, upon completion for non-corporate customers.
- All invoices are payable no later than 7 days from the date of invoice, without set-off, withholding, retention or deduction, unless explicitly mutually agreed in writing.
- If payment is not made by the due date, we will have the right to charge interest on the outstanding amount at a rate of 4% per annum above the Bank of England base rate, accruing on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment.
- We may refuse to provide any further Services until the outstanding payment has been received and we cannot be held liable for any delays caused as a result.
- Any variation must be agreed in writing before we can proceed with the works and any changes in price as a result will be payable as set out above.
6. Your Responsibilities
- You are responsible for ensuring that:
- the Property is suitable for our Services to be carried out (we cannot be held responsible for any pre-existing faults or damage in or to your Property that we may discover while providing the Services);
- We can access the Property on the agreed dates and at the agreed times to provide the Services. Our price is based on being able to complete our Services in one continuous visit or where we are carrying out our Services in phases, each phased visit is to be continuous;
- If any consents, licences or other permissions are needed from any third parties such as landlords, planning authorities, local authorities or similar, these have been obtained by you before we begin the Services; and
- We have access to welfare facilities, gas and water, at no cost to us, to enable us to carry out our Services.
- If you fail to comply with any of your responsibilities outlined in clause 7.1 above, we will not be liable for any delays as a result and we reserve the right to recover any costs incurred by us, such as for storage of Materials or non-productive visits to the Property.
- For the health and safety of our engineers, keep animals/pets in a separate room from the engineers at all times.
7. Cancellation Rights
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of all jobs.
- If you do not give us this notice, we reserve the right to retain the deposit paid. We will also charge for any Materials we have purchased before the cancellation, and for any other costs and expenses and losses we have incurred. Dishonouring payments can and will result in court action, and a liability of all costs.
- We reserve the right to cancel the Contract at any time and will confirm this in writing. If we cancel because you have failed to make any payment to us on time as required under clauses 5 and 6 or because you otherwise materially breached the Contract, we will invoice you for any Services we have provided or Materials we have purchased that you have not yet paid for.
- We will pass on any manufacturer’s warranty in the Materials to you, where applicable. In the case of boilers, boiler parts and gas cylinders, we will register the warranty once the installation is complete. If those items are removed or changed, the warranty will be void.
- We also provide a 12-month guarantee on labour. If any defects appear due to no fault of yours during this period, you must notify us immediately and allow us access to rectify any and all such defects at no cost to you. Any repair work carried out within the guarantee period will also be covered by the guarantee, but only for the remainder of the original guarantee period. Our guarantee exists in addition to your rights as a Consumer, where applicable. The guarantee is not transferable. All works carried out by Plumbtricians are fully insured. We will only be liable for our labour on works carried out, and will not be liable for the failure of materials, or parts. We strongly recommend on the failure of parts/appliances, action be taken up with the part/appliance manufacturer.
- Any guarantee and warranty we provide is subject to payment having been received by us in full in accordance with clauses 5 and 6.
9. Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where the failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: adverse weather, power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action by third parties, riots, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism or war, natural disaster, or any other event beyond our reasonable control.
- Subject to this clause 12, we will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a direct result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of the breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and us when the Contract is entered into. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will limit your legal rights as a Consumer, where applicable. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
We always aim to ensure that your experience as a customer of ours is positive, however, if you have any cause for complaint, please make this to us in writing. We will need you to grant us access to investigate and/or remedy any complaint.
12. How We Use Your Personal Information:
All personal information that we may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
13. Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (if for example, if we sell our business). If this occurs you will be informed by us in writing. Your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them. We are also free to us sub-contractors and we will be responsible for each act and omission of any sub-contractor as if it were an act or omission of ours.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) without our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any part of these Terms and Conditions found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable would be severed from our Contract. The validity and enforceability of the remaining parts of the Contract would not be affected.
- If the rights under these Terms and Conditions are not exercised or enforced following a breach of contract by you or us, this does not mean that either of us has waived our right to do so at a later date.
14. Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and us will in all respects be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Any dispute, claim or proceedings between you and us relating to the Contract or these Terms and Conditions will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
All calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Terms and Conditions are constantly updated, and subject to change without notice.
We’ve got the right to remove or stop supplying any product, service or function on our website at any time. It’s your responsibility to read the terms and conditions regularly to make sure you’re aware of any changes.
This is an agreement between you and Plumbtricians Limited.
If you use the website or service after we’ve changed something, we’ll take this to mean you’ve accepted the changed terms and conditions.